About the At Home Dance Challenge:
Add your artistic voice to our Inspirational Dance Festival community of healing, comfort, and gratitude in this uplifting at home dance challenge. Using the theme “What the World Needs Now,” share your vision through dance on ways the community can heal together. Remember to have fun and be creative! Up to six (6) video entries will be featured in a virtual program in April 2021.
Selected video entries will receive a $200 stipend for their participation.
- Dancers can work with a choreographer(s) for their submission.
- Dancers must be residents of the Washington Metropolitan area including Maryland, Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.
- Open to All Ages
- Routines should be at least 90 seconds but no longer than 5 minutes.
- This virtual At Home Dance Challenge is in the style of but not limited to: inspirational dance, lyrical, modern, hip-hop, and tap.
- Dance routines should be original choreography. Dancers can enter as a representative from local dance studios, schools, community groups, or can register independently.
- Only one video submission per applicant.
The deadline for video submissions is Monday, February 15, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
Routine Rules and Video Guidelines
- Each dance should be at least 90 seconds but no longer than 5 minutes.
- Inappropriate or suggestive dance moves while performing are not permitted.
- No part of the performance should be offensive to others; this includes costumes, dance moves, or language in music.
- Profanity, suggestive music, or violent lyrics are not permitted.
- Costumes are encouraged but not required.
- All dancers must be appropriately dressed during the extent of the routine or face disqualification.
- Make sure all dancer(s) are fully in frame and well lit. Suggestion: Lighting should be placed behind camera to avoid shadows.
- Avoid using video with additional background noise. Music should be heard clearly.
- Videos must not show logos of products. Videos displaying logos will be disqualified.
How to Submit
Submit final videos in a MOV, MPEG4, MP4, AVI, WMV file format. No registration fee is required. For additional questions reach out to Megan Merchant at email@example.com.
Video submissions will be via submittable.com.