About the Uplift: Inspirational Dance Festival
Add your artistic voice to our Inspirational Dance Festival community of healing, comfort, and gratitude in this uplifting dance program. Remember to have fun and be creative! Up to ten (10) entries will be featured in a live program at the Publick Playhouse on Friday, March 11, 2022, 8pm.
Each group/dancer is permitted to submit up to two (2) entries. Selected dancers MUST be available for tech rehearsals during the day on Saturday, March 5th - Sunday, March 6th from 10 am - 3pm and dress rehearsals in the evenings from 6 - 10 pm on Tuesday, March 8th and Thursday March 10th.
Selected entries will receive a $200 stipend for their participation.
- Dancers can work with a choreographer(s) for their submission.
- Dancers must be residents of the Washington Metropolitan area including Maryland, Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.
- Open to All Ages
- Routines should be at least 90 seconds but no longer than 5 minutes.
- This dance program is in the style of but not limited to: inspirational dance, lyrical, modern, hip-hop, and tap.
- Dance routines should be original choreography. Dancers can enter as a representative from local dance studios, schools, community groups, or can register independently.
- Only one video submission per applicant.
The deadline for video submissions is Friday, January 21, 2022 at 11:59 pm.
Routine Rules and Video Guidelines
- Each dance should be at least 90 seconds but no longer than 5 minutes.
- Inappropriate or suggestive dance moves while performing are not permitted.
- No part of the performance should be offensive to others; this includes costumes, dance moves, or language in music.
- Profanity, suggestive music, or violent lyrics are not permitted.
- Costumes are encouraged but not required.
- All dancers must be appropriately dressed during the extent of the routine or face disqualification.
- Make sure all dancer(s) are fully in frame and well lit. Suggestion: Lighting should be placed behind camera to avoid shadows.
- Avoid using video with additional background noise. Music should be heard clearly.
- Videos must not show logos of products. Videos displaying logos will be disqualified.
How to Submit
Submit final videos in a MOV, MPEG4, MP4, AVI, WMV file format. No registration fee is required. For additional questions reach out to Megan Merchant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video submissions will be via submittable.com.